An employer’s brand is what shapes the perception of a current employee, a potential employee or a former employee with regards to your organization. It is what sets you apart from other employers and defines you as a great employer to work for– an employer of choice. Similar to marketing a product, a necessity in today’s world is marketing yourself and your company.
This is a candidate’s market, and prospective employees want to know that your business is an outstanding place to work. Having a trustworthy brand will establish confidence in the candidate. During interviews, try to understand why candidates chose to work for their past and present employers. Look for emerging themes, which may help you create a strategy to build your brand and recruit effectively.
Here are six simple things you can do right now to grow your brand:
- Sell Your Organization – Actively market your company to job seekers. To attract the best people to your team you have to market and sell your company to them. Highlight your great company culture and the unique perks you offer.
- Treat Your Job Applicants As Customers – No follow-up or communication by a company after applying is the most harmful thing to an employer’s brand.
- Proofread Your Job Ads – Errors on a job post negatively affect an employer.
- Harness The Power Of Referrals – By recommending their current company to friends/family for jobs, your employees are your best brand ambassadors. Set up a scheme to reward employees for successful hires through referrals.
- Glam Up Your Company Website – Most job seekers research a company online before considering their job offers. Make sure your website states your company’s mission, vision, and values you believe in.
- Give Them The Complete Package – Let potential candidate’s know that your company has career growth prospects, encourages new ideas, and provides training opportunities. Offering these conditions will not only help attract the best, but also retain talent.
These six easy tips will help you attract great employees and therefore great customers, and build trust with them.
Your Employer Brand Can Have a Direct Impact on Recruiting Efforts
- 75% of job seekers consider an employer’s brand before even applying for a job.*
- Employers with a strong talent brand drive 2x the amount of applicants per job compared to other companies.**
Let Hire With Ease Help You Attract and Hire Quality Talent!